Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My To Do List

OK, I have made a decision, I have to lose weight, clean the house, and save money/pay off my credit cards. Too many things to do at once? No, not really. They all tie in together if you look at them from my point of view. Of course, not everyone thinks the same way I do, unfortunately for them. It is called multi tasking. You see, I can do all three at once. Once I start cleaning the house, I am getting exercise. (I have the exercise part on good authority, Kim Woodburn and Aggie McKenzie of "How Clean is Your House?") I am also not eating as I am cleaning. By not eating (I am talking about in between meals type eating, i.e., junk food), I am saving money by not buying said junk food. Since one of my biggest purchases on my credit cards is at the grocery store and the said junk food takes up a major portion, that saves me money and I have more money to pay off my credit cards.

OK, I just found out though that my car insurance is going up $20.00 every six months and my house insurance is going up $100.00 a year. Car insurance I can handle. I have money taken out of my check and put straight into my savings account that I set up when I bought my first car just for this purpose. It's this house insurance. My mother always paid that. Now I have to come up with the money. I have already paid the first half of the real estate taxes. That is also something my mother took care of. So I guess that I will be able to clean the house and lose weight, but I am going to be losing weight because I can't afford food. I am not going to be able to pay down my credit cards as fast as I wanted to, nor put money into my savings account.

Owning your own home is nice. You don't have to worry about playing your music or TV too loud, unless it is causing your neighbors to become deaf, then it really is too loud, but no one told me about all the expenses. Being a grown up sometimes really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment