Sunday, March 20, 2011

Update

Well, this has been an interesting month so far. I did learn from my doctor that most of my "illnesses" over the winter were probably the result of high blood sugar. My A1C was 7.9. I don't remember what is was the last time, but she said it was up. My weight was down, but I have been eating candy again and going out for lunch, so it has gone up about 1.5 pounds in the last two weeks. Just have to get back in the habit of testing again. D and I are back to walking again. Not as far as we were during the summer, but getting there. Weather next week should not be too bad, so we should be able to walk this entire week. I just have to start doing it on weekends. The weekend after my doctor's appointment was devoted to chilling out after blood tests and visiting the doctor. The 1st was also the 2nd anniversary of my mother's death.

This past week has been another tough week. On Wednesday morning I woke up and thought I was really cold, so I went back to bed for a half hour figuring that the heat would kick in and I would be warmer. When I did get up I made my bed, which did make me warmer, so I hoped into the shower. It was still cold when I got out, so I went to kick up the furnace. It was then I found out it was 57 degrees in the house. It was set as 68, so I knew something was wrong. I put in a call to the heating people at 7:00 AM and an e-mail to work to let them know I would be late. I also had an e-mail from a member of the society with information for a conference call at 2:00 PM. I had to e-mail to see if we could postpone the call. I also had to cancel my massage. This is not a luxury, but a necessity due to neck problems which were not made any better by the tension of the morning. The heating guy finally came about 11:30 and had to go to the shop to get the part since, of course, he used the last one he had on the last job. It was not that far and he got back, installed the part, and was gone before 12:30. I went into work, stopping at Wendy's on the way, and got in at 1:00. I had an e-mail from the guy about the conference call telling me he got my e-mail and could we make the call at 1:00 that day! I told him that 1:00 was my lunch hour since I covered phones from 11:30 to 1:00 and then again at 2:00. After all of that I come to find out that the whole problem is the fact that they have not sent in the materials we need to finalize their courses. I went and got a manicure before my TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) meeting which we went out afterwards and had desert!

The week was not all bad. On St. Patrick's day I went with my brother and sister-in-law to the Irish Heritage Center. Saw a couple of good bands and had my corn beef and cabbage dinner. It has been awhile since I had that.

I do wish I could write about what happened at work on Friday, but we have been asked not to talk about it outside the office until at least Monday. It was not good. I did check my e-mail from home and did not find anything about it or on the web site, so I guess I shouldn't say anything yet. If I do blog again, I will.

That's about it for now. Hopefully the rest of the month will go smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment