Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Start

It was 3 years ago on March 1st that my mother died. Today I cleaned out her stuff from the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and the linen closest. All except for her face powder that I could not throw away. I don't think that holding on to one item is so bad. There was a few other things that I kept, but those are things I will use now that I know they are there. I just wish I had taken out stock in Band-Aids. I must have about 10 boxes. It seems that my mother and I both use to buy them and then forget they were in the back of the linen closest. I don't know if I will ever use them all!

This is a start. I now know that I can get rid of my mother's stuff and not have a melt down. I hope that this is the same when I go through the stuff in her bedroom. Oh, I know there probably be some tears shed and there will be somethings that I will not be able to give away, but I know that I will get through it. I now just have to get my self motivated, but that is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment